Re: alias for pop account

* On 2006.05.02, in <1146592452.44579cc49927a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "neologix@xxxxxxx" <neologix@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there any way to define an alias for pop mailboxes (servers), so that I'd
> just have to type:
> 'c'
> short_name
>
> and would connect to the former server?

Besides what others have said, you can actually make macros for the
text-entry line.  For example:

macro editor *pop "pop://pop.a_server_with_a_very_long_dns_name"

Then you just type "c*pop" and mutt expands that out for you.  You won't
see all the typing right away -- editor macros are a little funny that
way -- but it works!

The main catch is that since you don't see the typing, you'll probably
want to make sure editor macros begin with a unique character.  That's
why mine starts with "*" -- it's not something I'm likely to want
to type literally.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx        NSIT    University of Chicago