Re: running fetchmail from mutt in the background

Thus spake Farhan Ahmed on Mon, May 01, 2006 at 12:05:52PM +0530 or
thereabouts: <farhanahmed06@xxxxxxxxx> [2006-05-01 02:38]:
> cga2000 wrote:
> > Thus spake Farhan Ahmed on Mon, May 01, 2006 at 10:13:41AM +0530 or
> > thereabouts: <farhanahmed06@xxxxxxxxx> [2006-05-01 01:47]:
> > > (snip)
>
> Here's my .fetchmailrc.. It does all the polling every minute and also
> invoke procmail:
>
>       set daemon 60
>       set syslog
>       set postmaster farhan
>
>       poll pop.gmail.com protocol pop3 and options no dns
>           user "farhanahmed06@xxxxxxxxx" with pass "xxx" is "farhan" here
>           options ssl sslcertck sslcertpath '/home/farhan/.certs'
>           mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"
>
> Notice that I've the line mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T" which invokes
> procmail..

that's what I was missing - move the procmail invocation from the
fetchmail command to the .fetchmailrc

> My .muttngrc (i use muttng but syntax and usage of configuration of
> muttng and mutt is almost identical) has lines like this for calling
> fetchmail..
>
>       macro   index   G       "!fetchmail -k\r"
>       macro   pager   G       "!fetchmail -k\r"
>       macro   browser G       "!fetchmail -k\r"
>
> I think that may help,

sure does.. looks very promising.. but I need to get some sleep and
hopefully will be able to reconfigure and test tomorrow night - well
tonight actually. :-)

Thanks a bunch,

cga