Re: weird behavior

Hello Luis,

 On Saturday, April 22, 2006 at 23:19:32 -0300, Luis A. Florit wrote:

> mutt does not understand the second "folder=" directive *IF* the
> content of the first "folder" directory was shown.

    First time the directory browser opens on $folder. Next times it
opens where the user last left it. That design is intended for
convenient navigation.

> the content of the variable expanded by "?" or TAB is not always the
> content of "folder". Which is this variable, how can I set it or how
> it is set??

    There is unfortunately no such $variable. But one can influence the
future opening directory of the browser in some number of ways. Example
following your macro approach:

| macro index y "<change-folder>imaps://my.imap.server<Enter>\
| <change-folder>?\
| <change-dir><kill-line>imaps://my.imap.server/MAIL1<Enter>\
| <exit>"

    This scheme could also be used in folder-hooks via push. See msgid
<slrndujvvv.pii.albench.NOSP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> in comp.mail.mutt thread
« folder list with multiple imap accounts » for an example.

    Now, it's true that a $browser_current_location variable would be
more elegant. Dynamically updated by navigation. Readable and setable by
the user. Probably even 2 separated vars: One for when browsing for mail
folders (initially $folder), and one for files (initialy $HOME).

Bye!    Alain.