Re: Messages not marked new

On Tuesday, March 28 at 01:24 PM, quoth Michelle Konzack:
I have setup mutt to hold the connection to Courier unlimited but it deconnect after 15 minutes. Same if I connect to my ISP at <imaps://mx.freenet.de>.

First I was thinking, its my Courier which does not allow a persistent connection, but since it deconnect with Freenet, Menara, GMX and Turkcell...

I think you may be misinterpreting mutt’s configuration options. Exactly what configuration option are you using to tell mutt to hold the connection for an unlimited amount of time? The reason I ask is that mutt *always* will maintain the server connection for an unlimited amount of time (as long as mutt continues to run, basically). However, in order to maintain that connection, mutt has to periodically tell the IMAP server “yes, I’m still here” — check out imap_keepalive in the man page. The phrasing of something like the help on the “timeout” config option may be a bit confusing. Is that how you think you’re telling mutt to “never disconnect”?

~Kyle
--
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
                                                 -- George Bernard Shaw