Re: Are my source & save-hook statements right?

On Saturday, April  1 at 11:48 PM, quoth Georgina Joyce:
save-hook '~t "bashonline@yahoogroups\\.com"' +lists/bashonline
save-hook '~t "debian-hams@lists\\.debian\\.org"' +lists/debian-hams
save-hook '~t "mutt-users@mutt\\.org"' +lists/mutt-users
save-hook '~t "recycle-it@yahoogroups\\.com"' +lists/recycle-it
save-hook '~t "speakup@braille\\.uwo\\.ca"' +lists/speakup

Have I got these right?

My inbox is still populated with list messages am I something missing?

In addition to Patric Shanahan’s advice, you should also be aware that save-hooks probably don’t do what you think they do. They do not automatically move mail from whatever folder you open to the folder specified. What they do is give you a default value for the prompt mutt gives you when you tell it to save a message somewhere.

Automatic mail filtering is probably better left in the hands of an MDA like procmail.

~Kyle
--
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
                                                      -- Philip K. Dick