Re: Directory / folder help please

On Saturday, April  1 at 11:00 AM, quoth Nicolas Rachinsky:
my_hdr "Reply-To: Georgina Joyce <gena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"

I think this inadvisable, but that is personal preference.

As before, my_hdr has no effect unless there is a current email being composed.

Additionally, this is not a header that YOU should set. This is a header used by mailing lists.

What? No. Can you give any reference?

http://cr.yp.to/immhf/response.html

Unfortunately, some mailing lists change the Reply-To field in every message. I recommend sending replies to Mail-Reply-To, defaulting to Reply-To, defaulting to From.

What it boils down to is that at worst “Reply-To” is an unreliable header (because many mailing lists mangle it), and at best it’s a duplicate header (because this information should already be in the “From” header). For mailing lists, use mutt’s support for Mail-Followup-To (i.e. the “lists” and “subscribe” commands), otherwise, don’t waste the extra bits sending a Reply-To header.

~Kyle
--
The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.
                                                            -- Brandeis