Screen + mutt + emacs

Hi all,

I recently switched from vi to emacs for mail composition.  I run mutt
on screen 1 and emacs on screen 2.  When I respond to mail or compose
mail, mutt waits for me to switch screens, compose, and then switch
back.  I would like mutt to automatically switch to screen 2 (and
specify a mode).  And I would like emacs to switch back when I hit C-X
#.

I assume this is a problem that's been solved many times before, as my
setup is hardly unique.  Anybody have the necessary configuration and
want to share?

Thanks much,
-James