Re: Characters in from address not displayed correctly when marked new

Martin Swift wrote:
> When a from address contains a name in non-latin characters, they are
> not displayed properly if the message is marked as new. If it is
> marked read or old, the kanji characters are displayed as boxes.

It's a font problem.
Your bold font doesn't contain the glyphs for that language.

You can either:
- work some X terminal configuration magic to specify the font to use
  when displaying bold doublewidth characters (eg. -fwb XTerm option);
- switch to another fontset altogether that has those characters in bold;
- workaround it by configuring mutt not to use bold (bright*) colors.

Personally, I don't experience that problem with XTerm and the font
-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--18-120-100-100-c-90-iso10646-1
(which is my favorite fixed font :-)

Toby

--
Signed/encrypted mail welcome.  GPG/PGP Key-Id: 0x15C5C2EA