Update encoding message - why?

I have just migrated from one Solaris 2.6 machine to another.

For some reason when I send mail using mutt I now get the following
question when I hit [s]end:-

    /proj/chris/tmp/mutt-crusade-1385-0 [#1] modified. Update encoding?

Can anyone suggest what I need to change on my new machine so this
goes away?  I guess it's something arcane to do with locales or
similar but I don't really know where to look at the moment.

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx)

    "Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."