Re: Mark messages in mailbox as read without massive performance hit?!

On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 09:14:31PM -0500 I heard the voice of
Derek Martin, and lo! it spake thus:

> But eventually it will, and with each additional message, it will
> win by a lot more.

It would take a lot of messages.  I did it on a slow machine, changing
a few hundred messages at a time (about as many as you'd expect in an
active mailbox commonly checked) in a couple thousand message maildir,
and it was faster than I could see it happening.  Doing the same when
it was mboxes would take many seconds (like 5-10, easily).  That's 2
orders of magnitude pretty easily.  It would take a long time to make
that up.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx