Re: using courier-imap's OUTBOX feature and sendmail="cat > /dev/null"

On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 11:08:27PM -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Sunday, December 18 at 10:16 PM, quoth Louis-David Mitterrand:
> >I tried setting sendmail="/bin/cat > /dev/null" but get this error:
> >
> >     Error sending message, child exited 1 ().
> >
> >     cat: invalid option -- B
> >     Try `cat --help' for more information.
> >
> >Is there another way of disabling "sendmail"?
> >
> >Is there a catch or better way in what I am trying to do?
>
> The catch is that mutt appends arguments to the string you specify in
> $sendmail. One way to do it is like so:
>
>    set sendmail="/bin/echo >/dev/null"

That works.

[SNIP]

> But the obvious to me would be:
>
>    set sendmail=""
>
> Does that not work?

No.

However I've encountered a limitation in my scheme: courier-imap's
OUTBOX feature doesn't work in tunnel mode, even though the message is
copied to the correct folder. When using the imap daemon through port
143 the message is passed on to /usr/sbin/sendmail. A courier bug
apparently.

Thanks for your help, cheer,

--
        "You're cute when you're stupid"