using courier-imap's OUTBOX feature and sendmail="cat > /dev/null"

Hi,

I am trying to use courier-imap's OUTBOX feature: when copying a message
to, say, imap://my.server/INBOX.Outbox, the imap daemon passes it to the
server's /usr/bin/sendmail for delivery. Thus mutt's local "sendmail"
setting can be turned off and it avoids transferring the message twice,
especially on slow links: once when copying to the (imap) Fcc folder and
a second time through the MTA.

I tried setting sendmail="/bin/cat > /dev/null" but get this error:

        Error sending message, child exited 1 ().

        cat: invalid option -- B
        Try `cat --help' for more information.

Is there another way of disabling "sendmail"?

Is there a catch or better way in what I am trying to do?

Thanks,

--
My wife told me to clean the garage, I told her -1, Troll.
-- Andrewkov on /.