Re: editor settings

On 2005-12-15, Jason Helfman <jhelfman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you. I've done something like this similarly, however this still
> doesn't touch on what I am asking.
>
> Suppose typing a new message. You have to go back and re-word a line and it
> ends up being shorter then 78 characters. You then need to shift all your
> lines in your paragraph/message to line up to what looks presentable to
> send.
>
> I hope this is more clear?

An easy way to do that is to move your cursor to somewhere in that
paragraph (it's probably already there since you just edited a line
there) and type

    gqip

That will reformat the entire paragraph.  You can find out more
about the gq command in vim's built-in help system by executing

    :help formatting

and

    :help 10.7

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division