Re: editor settings

* Jason Helfman <jhelfman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello All.
>
> I was wondering if there is any setting that can be done in editor/mutt that
> will post wrap everything to a character length per line. I am always
> finding myself using vi commands to edit a document when I am editing
> something before I send it. I am only doing this so it is properly
> formatted.

I've catched this line on the net and put it into my .muttrc:

set editor = "vim -c 'set ft=mail tw=78' -c 'set wrap et' -c 'set
encoding=utf-8' +:8"

It calls vim as editor, sets a text-width of 78 characters, wraps, sets an
encoding and jumps to line 8 (beyond the headers).

p@rick

--
Das »Postfix«-Buch
<http://www.postfix-buch.com>