Re: alternates, was: scrollbar is sluggish

On Wednesday, December 14 at 11:45 PM, quoth Christian Ebert:
* Konstantin Kletschke on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 at 23:26:10 +0100:
And any solution to recognize replying to MLs (with L! ;)) to set From:
accordingly...

Use send-hooks:

set from=my.priv@xxxxxxxxxx
send-hook . "unmy_hdr From"
send-hook ~l "my_hdr From: lists@xxxxxxxxx"

Similarly, if you, like me, use different addresses for each list, you can use a LOT of send-hooks. For example, for each mailing list I subscribe to, I have something like this in my muttrc:

subscribe '^mutt-users@mutt\.org$'
alternates '^kyle-mutt@memoryhole\.net$'
send-hook mutt-users@xxxxxxxx \
   "my_hdr From: Kyle Wheeler <kyle-mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"

~Kyle
--
There in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionist and rebel men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.
                                                -- Dwight D. Eisenhower