How to get rid of "Maildir" being listed as my initial folder...

Hi all.. I'm running mutt 1.5.9i with the sidebar patch and it has always
shown "Maildir" as my first and default mailbox when I start up.  This was
never really a problem as long as I had the appropriate "cur", "tmp", and
"new" folders inside my ~/Maildir folder.. However, after doing some
house cleaning, I've moved those folders in my ~/Maildir/.INBOX folder
instead to be consistent with the rest of my imap folder hierarchy.

When I now startup mutt, I get the first and default folder listed as
"Maildir" which contains no messages and I have to select a different folder
(e.g. INBOX) to see my new mail in my top-level folder.  Is there some way
to get rid of this first "Maildir" folder so mutt will always initially
look in my ~/Maildir/.INBOX folder instead?

Below is the script I use to setup my mailboxes :

set folder      = ~/Maildir/
set mask        = "INBOX"
set record      ="~/Maildir/.INBOX.Sent"
set postponed   ="~/Maildir/.INBOX.Drafts"
set spoolfile   = ~/Maildir/
#
mailboxes `\
echo -n "+ "; \
for file in ~/Maildir/.*; do \
  box=$(basename $file); \
  if [ ! $box = '.' \
       -a ! $box = '..' \
       -a ! $box = '.customflags' \
       -a ! $box = '.subscriptions' \
       -a ! $box = '.INBOX.not-spam' \
       -a ! $box = '.INBOX.Trash' \
       -a ! $box = '.INBOX.opted-out-spam' ]; then \
    echo -n "+$box "; \
  fi; \
done`

Any ideas?