Re: display japanese

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 10:45:05PM -0800, Eric Dan wrote:
> I use Eterm, here is the output of $ locale :

I'm not sure if eterm uses the new font rendering engine or not...
I'm unfamiliar with it.  If it does, you should be all set.  If it
doesn't, you'll need to tell it to use an ISO 10646 font that has the
Japanese glyphs.  Let's try fixing your locale first...

> [vladuz976@box ~]$ locale
> LANG=en_US
> LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.utf8

I believe this combination is not valid.  Try the following instead:

export LANG=en_US.utf8
export LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.utf8

(The setting of LC_COLLATE=C should be fine.)

See if that helps.  If not, we can try fixing your fonts.

-=-=-=-=-