Re: Problems with iso-8859-1

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 05:40:45PM -0500, David Haguenauer wrote:

> This looks a lot like Windows-1255 incorrectly announced as being
> ISO-8859-1. Editing the content-type (view attachments, then
> <edit-type>, bound to C-e by default) should confirm this; if your
> messages display correctly with a charset="windows-1255", then that's
> what the problem was.
---end quoted text---

That turned out to be the case.  I got a suggestion from Kyle
Wheeler to add:

  charset-hook '^iso-8859-1$' cp1252

to my .muttrc and this did indeed solve the problem.

My correspondent in Sweden is afflicted by a company requirement
to use MS Outlook so fixing it on my end is good :)
--
Doug Carter
Mutt 1.5.10i, Mac OS X 10.4