Re: Problems with iso-8859-1

* Doug Carter <doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, 2005-11-03 10:44:24 Thu:

> I get incorrectly decoded things like:
>
>   Edgar\222s contact details are:

This looks a lot like Windows-1255 incorrectly announced as being
ISO-8859-1. Editing the content-type (view attachments, then
<edit-type>, bound to C-e by default) should confirm this; if your
messages display correctly with a charset="windows-1255", then that's
what the problem was.

A permanent fix is to tell your correspondents to go get a capable
MUA. If I remember correctly, there is a Mutt-side workaround, too,
but I'll let others remind us what it is.

--
David Haguenauer