Re: How to 'move' a maildir mailbox?

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 02:05:38PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 07:58:31AM -0600, Charles Cazabon wrote:
> > Chris Green <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Going on from my previous query and comments about maildir, is there
> > > any way to move a maildir mailbox in mutt?
> >
> > Type "!mv ~/Mail/old-maildir-location ~/Mail/archive/new-maildir-location".
>
> Great!  That would take about half-an-hour to type and you can't work
> out the "~/Mail/old-maildir-location" from what you can see in mutt
> either.  I was hoping for something a little more user friendly.  :-)

Press 'C' to enter the folder browser, then press TAB to change to
file browsing mode. You'll see the names of the directories you're
interested in as well as the path to your maildir (which is printed
in the lower status bar). Then issue the command.

Alternatively, just open a shell and move the files. You wouldn't
need the '!' and could use the 'ls' command to list your maildirs.
If you run it from the shell, you'll save about 20 seconds (assuming
it would take you 30 minutes to type the entire 105 character string
Charles suggested).

--

| jabber:..wcmaier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | email:..........wcmaier@xxxxxxx |