Re: send hook issues

Hi Pete,

 On Thursday, October 27, 2005 at 18:08:47 +0000, Pete Johns wrote:

> send-hook "~A"               "my_hdr From: Pete Johns <normal email address>;\
>       set signature="~/.signature.sh|"; set sig_on_top=no; set\
>       sig_dashes=yes; set mime_forward=ask-yes"
> send-hook "~t @mutt.org"     "my_hdr From: Pete Johns <paj-mutt@...>"
> send-hook "~t @vim.org"      "my_hdr From: Pete Johns <paj-vim@...>"

    It's better to use $from/$realname as default sender, and to use
"my_hdr From:" only in send-hooks to override it. Thus the default
send-hook should better do a "unmy_hdr From:". BTW correcting a double
quotes collision, and enhancing regexps, I'd suggest something as:

| set realname="Pete Johns"
| set from="normal email address"
| send-hook .                   'unmy_hdr From: ;\
|                                set signature="~/.signature.sh|" ;\
|                                set sig_on_top=no ;\
|                                set sig_dashes=yes ;\
|                                set mime_forward=ask-yes'
| send-hook @mutt\\.org$        "my_hdr From: Pete Johns <paj-mutt@...>"
| send-hook @vim\\.org$         "my_hdr From: Pete Johns <paj-vim@...>"

    Note those last hooks will match if you send TO or CC the list.

Bye!    Alain.