PGP text/plain

Some people send me emails with GPG-encrypted blocks in them.  Their
mime-type is text/plain, and mutt doesn't decrypt them for me.  I can
decrypt them fine at the command line.

Googling turned up a procmail bit that turns the text/plain stuff into a
pgp mime attachment, but I don't use procmail.  I use fetchmail+perl to
mangle and filter my incoming email.

Does anybody know how to tell mutt to decrypt blocks of encrypted text
found in a text/plain section of email?  Or failing that, what the perl
would look like to repackage this section properly?

Thanks.