Re: IMAP woes

On 2005-10-15 | 19:21:54, Michelle Konzack wrote:
When browsing IMAP folders, they are sorted uppercase letters first:
A -> B -> C -> a -> b -> c
Maybe this is the unsorted list as supplied by the IMAP server, because the sort order is corrected if I sort again (<sort>a).

I am using de_DE@euro and the sorting is A a B b C c.
Maybe you should setup correctly your environement?

Do you think it changes my environment when I press "oa" (sOrt Alpha)? The problem is, that sort_browser is ignored for IMAP folders.

Renaming IMAP folders is even worse as no space character can be entered and the / is not recognized as a hierarchy separator (imap_delim_chars).

You can cange it...

No, you can't, imap_delim_chars is IGNORED there, that is what I am complaining about.

Finally I would like to say that the date input format should also be made configurable. DD/MM/YYYY is prone to confusion with MM/DD/YYYY in english speaking countries. ISO 8601 recommends YYYY-MM-DD but this will not be compatible with the current range syntax.

???  Do you have read the mutt-manual ?

Maybe you would better read some books on the grammar of the english language before answering mails. You failed to understand three of five points I have been making.

Tom

--
PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89
finger thomasz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx for key