IMAP woes

First I would like to say that I have just come back to mutt after some years of using Ximian Evolution and even trying Thunderbird.

It's nice to see that mutt got IMAP support in the meantime, but I really think the browser needs to be improved. Most important I would love to either see the number of new messages when browsing for folders or have the "mailboxes" view use short names (without $folder) and show the hierarchy (=A\n\t=A/B\n=C).

Additionally I think I have found two bugs in the browser:

When browsing IMAP folders, they are sorted uppercase letters first:
A -> B -> C -> a -> b -> c
Maybe this is the unsorted list as supplied by the IMAP server, because the sort order is corrected if I sort again (<sort>a).

Renaming IMAP folders is even worse as no space character can be entered and the / is not recognized as a hierarchy separator (imap_delim_chars).

Finally I would like to say that the date input format should also be made configurable. DD/MM/YYYY is prone to confusion with MM/DD/YYYY in english speaking countries. ISO 8601 recommends YYYY-MM-DD but this will not be compatible with the current range syntax.

Tom

PS: I am using mutt-1.5.10
--
Serverbetrieb - freie Meinungsäusserung im Internet
http://www.hostmaster.org/Server.html