Re: mutt to show hi-bit chars once & for all?

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 04:22:24PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hi Russell,
>
> Am 2005-09-17 03:37:30, schrieb Russell Hoover:
> > # export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8      <--- ( commented-out )
> > export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
> >
> > Those are the only relevant settings I can think of
> > right now.
>
> You have broken locale.
>
> Because it is   en_US.utf8
>
>       and not   en_US.UTF-8

Well, I'm not sure about debian systems, but en_US.UTF-8 is the
default locale installed by redhat-based systems and that works just
fine.  I seem to remember trying to use .utf8 instead of .UTF-8, so
that I could use the same environment files on all systems I use, and
finding that some things broke.  That's despite the fact that
en_US.utf8 shows up in the output of locale -a, and en_US.UTF-8 does
not.

Anyway, en_US.UTF-8 works just fine, at least on redhat-based systems.

-=-=-=-=-