Re: way to timeout Invoking PGP when verifying signatures?

* On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 Arias Hung (arias@xxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> For every signed piece of mail i come across, gpg attempts to verify the
> signature.  Sometimes the occurs almost instantly, other times it can lag
> big time.

Don't check the sig on every mail (see $crypt_verify_sig) i
don't do that for mailinglists for example. I don't care about the sig
of some stranger.

> Is there a way to have this auto timeout so that anything taking longer
> than say a few seconds will just cough up the message and let me move on?

You could also tell gpg not to look on keyservers.

HTH,

Michael
--
In less than a century, computers will be making substantial progress on
... the overriding problem of war and peace.

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC1A44DD
Jabber:     init[0]@amessage.de