Re: text/enriched is unsupported

On Wednesday, October  5 at 11:11 PM, quoth Seth Hasani:
Im getting this in mail sent from Apple Mail users. What's weird to me is I thought mutt had native support for displaying text/enriched mail already built in.

It does.

I know I can set a mailcap entry to pipe this somewhere else, but is there any reason Im missing that mutt wont render this message?

Yup. :)

And I have the following in my muttrc:

auto_view text/enriched text/html text/vcard alternative_order text/enriched text/plain text

From the muttrc man page:

   auto_view type[/subtype] [ ... ]
   unauto_view type[/subtype] [ ... ]

This commands permits you to specify that mutt should automatically convert the given MIME types to text/plain when displaying messages. For this to work, there must be a mailcap(5) entry for the given MIME type with the copiousoutput flag set. A subtype of "*" matches any subtype, as does an empty subtype.

Hint: mutt does not need to convert text/enriched to text/plain, and thus does not need a mailcap entry.

Take "text/enriched" out of the auto_view line, and it should work perfectly.

Think of it this way: you don't put "auto_view text/plain" in your muttrc, right?

~Kyle
--
Time goes, you say? Ah no! Time stays, *we* go.
                                                       -- Austin Dobson