Colors for small screens

Hello,

the other thread about colors reminded me of an issue I'd like to solve,
maybe with your help:

I run mutt on a PDA with a very small VGA color screen.

Are there somewhere sets of color configurations for different kinds of
screens? I need a high contrast (normal "white" text on blue background is
hard to read), but still so many colors that I can optically distinguish
between important elements. The plain black and white display does not fit
my (esthetical) needs.

I do not want to specify exactly what element should have what color, but
rather try different pre-defined color sets and choose the nicest one.

Thank you
daniel

--
Dipl.-Ing. Daniel Hertrich