Re: hierarchical folder in mutt?

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 10:04:35AM +0200, René Clerc wrote:
> * Jun Sun <jsun@xxxxxxxxxx> [02-09-2005 08:07]:
>
> > I like to group a bunch of open source mailing lists under a single
> > (sub-)folder so that the top-level mboxes are not too crowded.
> >
> > Is this possible?
> >
> > I searched web and seem to get conflicting information.  And in any case
> > did get any specific instructions.
> >
> > I tried to list a directory as a "mailbox".  The directory shows up
> > fine.  However, it is not quite "mail folder" in the sense that
> > mutt does not indicate whether any new mails exists under that folder,
> > nor does mutt know the files under that folder are mailboxes.
>
> True.  You should define every mailbox explicitly.  You can do this
> with a trick like:
>
> (muttrc)
> mailboxes `~/bin/listmailboxes.sh`
>
> listmailboxes.sh will contain some nifty ls function which lists all
> mailboxes you want to see in your mailbox browser.

Hmm, in this case all the mailist lists will show up as top-level mailboxes,
right?   The only difference is the mbox file is stored hierarchically.

If that is case, that is not true hierarchical mailbox support.
There is no hierarchy of mailboxes from mutt point of view.

Can anyone confirm?  Is mutt going to add this feature?  This seems
to be getting more and more important and people start to subscribe
more and more lists.

Jun