Re: hierarchical folder in mutt?

* Jun Sun <jsun@xxxxxxxxxx> [02-09-2005 08:07]:

> I like to group a bunch of open source mailing lists under a single
> (sub-)folder so that the top-level mboxes are not too crowded.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> I searched web and seem to get conflicting information.  And in any case
> did get any specific instructions.
>
> I tried to list a directory as a "mailbox".  The directory shows up
> fine.  However, it is not quite "mail folder" in the sense that
> mutt does not indicate whether any new mails exists under that folder,
> nor does mutt know the files under that folder are mailboxes.

True.  You should define every mailbox explicitly.  You can do this
with a trick like:

(muttrc)
mailboxes `~/bin/listmailboxes.sh`

listmailboxes.sh will contain some nifty ls function which lists all
mailboxes you want to see in your mailbox browser.

HTH,

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7

God is science's putty.