Re: garbled display of messages with charset x-gbk

* phyrster <phyrster@xxxxxxxxx> [08-24-05 22:21]:
> On 21:38 Wed 24 Aug 2005, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> >
> > guess you could connect....
> No. Since you know the message is in Chinese I think you can view the
> message alright without having to look at the screenshot.

How did I determine that without reading the message or, at least, the
headers for the message?

> > set allow_8bit
> why 8bit here?

I believe it is necessary to display the Chinese char set.

> > unset allow_ansi
> again, why this line?

personal preference

> > set quote_regexp="^( {0,5}[>|:%]| {0,5}[a-zA-Z0-9]+[>|]+)+"
> I don't know this sed thing. What does it do here, could you specify?

tells mutt what char's to recognize as message quote chars, ie: "> ".

> My locale is en_US.UTF-8. Don't know whether it has anything to do with it.

Might, I don't know.

> > btw, your sig line is faulty.  You have <dash><dash> and it should be
>
> I can't tell any difference from my display. You can't see space anyway
> right?

true, the spaces at the end of the end of a line are not visible.

> Or it is to mutt-formating that matters?

google for the answer

> (I have added a space after the two dashes, now it is ok?)

yes.

another btw:  It's much easier to read your posts if you would separate
your comments/answers from the quoted text with an empty line.
HOG # US1244711          Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery