Re: sendhook

* mess-mate (messmate@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> is there a way to change the from and signature values when
> reply to a message based on the 'To:' header ?
> If a message is addressed 'To: some@xxxxxxx',
> set my_hdr as 'From: messmate@xxxxxxx' and set 'this signature'.

Here are the first of the send-hooks I use for this.  They are
followed by more special cases.

send-hook .                                      'set
signature=$HOME/.mutt/signature.external'
send-hook '^~t "@agilent\.com$|\.agilent\.com$"' 'set
signature=$HOME/.mutt/signature.internal'
send-hook '~C "^mutt"'                           'set
signature=$HOME/.mutt/signature.external.mutt'

The first hook selects my default signature for e-mail going outside
the company.  The second hook sets a different signature for e-mail
with _only_ internal recipients.  The third sets a different
signature (the one here below) for e-mail to the mutt lists.

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division