Re: procmail failed to sort messages

Will Yardley wrote:
> phyrster wrote:
> > Here is an entry in ~/.procmailrc,
> > The debian mailing list is processed correctly and all debian list messages
> > are in 'debian'. But mutt list messages are sent to 'inbox' instead of
> > 'mutt'.
> >
> > Isn't it weird that the same recipe are selectively processed by procmail?
>
> Isn't it weird that you're posting to a mutt list with a procmail
> problem?
>
> Why not try the procmail list.

And I hate to encourage the off-topic posting.  But I can't resist
sharing.  And I will bring it back on-topic at the end.  Here is my
recipe.

  :0

Because this uses $MATCH it works for all of the lists from that site.
Each are stored in their own folder based upon the match pattern.  I
can subscribe and unsubscribe and not change anything in my filtering.

To bring this back on-topic I configure mutt to dynamically set the
mailboxes based upon what exists in the directory.

  mailboxes `echo $HOME/Mail/Lists/debian/*`

This allows me to walk through all of the new mail in the current list
of subscribed mailboxes.  I don't need to change any configuration
when subscribing to new lists or unsubscribing.  It is very convenient.

Bob