Re: how to reply to mailing list address by default?

Haizi Zheng <haizi_zh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 03:19:35PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > > Fortunately, the mutt-users list supplies that header already, so no
> > > local munging of arriving messages is necessary.
> >
> > You are completely *wrong* here.  The mutt-users list does *not* go
> > against convention.  It does *not* add or supply a "Mail-Followup-To"
> > header.
>
> But in fact, there is indeed a header line in each message in this mail
> list, and not for other mail lists:

> Can you tell why?

Not every message in this list has it.  Mine will, though, because I add them
to my outgoing list messages, exactly as Mail-Followup-To: was intended to be
used.  Probably they're more common on this list than in general practice
because (a) mutt supports them, and (b) people who use mutt care about their
email.

Charles
Charles Cazabon                             <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
GPL'ed software available at:               http://pyropus.ca/software/