Re: How does mutt record messages' status?

On Tuesday, July 19 at 09:06 PM, quoth Haizi Zheng:
I'm wondering about how does mutt record the statuses
of the messages, such as 'read or not', 'important or
not', 'whether a new message', etc.

It depends on the mailbox type. In mbox mailboxes, it stores it in the email as a header: X-Status, I believe (maybe it's just "Status"). In Maildir mailboxes, such flags are stored in the filename of the message. I'm not sure about mh mailboxes --- they probably do it a different way.

~Kyle
--
We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
                                                    -- Charles Kingsley