Re: Advantages/disadvantages of various mbox types

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 01:13:12AM -0700, Will Yardley wrote:
> > http://wiki.mutt.org/index.cgi?MuttFaq/Maildir
> > http://cr.yp.to/proto/maildir.html
> > http://www.courier-mta.org/mbox-vs-maildir/

These links were nice. I had gone through them earlier, but I wanted
the users' views.

> If you don't need to access archive folders via IMAP, you could consider
> a mix of Maildir and mbox... (e.g., Maildir for incoming folders, mbox
> for archives).

Right. I am using purely mbox style boxes on my own system.

> > > when I converted my mbox'es to maildirs, the space occupied was
> > > almost 50% more.
>
> What OS? What filesystem? What block size?

Linux debian i686, reiserfs, block size 4096. Anyway, I am satisfied
with my performance.

Thanks.

Kumar

--
Kumar Appaiah
Mail powered by: Mutt 1.5.6, fetchmail 6.2.5, exim 4.44, procmail 3.22