Re: Auto-update messages flags on IMAP server

* Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <eugenydzh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [27-06-2005 19:20]:

> Hi, is there any way to automatically set the "read" flag to the
> message on IMAP account? For now I'm using Mutt with wmbiff, and
> sometimes I'm getting confused when I read emails but wmbiff still
> shows they are unread. I need to press $ all the time after read all
> the messages.

I believe there is a timeout-hook patch somewhere (please google, I am
too lazy right now).  You can wrap a synchronize mailbox directive
with it - although this not only updates the flags in your mailbox,
but also purges mails marked for deletion.  I'm not sure whether you
want to do this, especially not without confirmation (see $delete).

HTH,

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7

CAT, n.  A soft, indestructible automaton provided by nature to be
kicked when things go wrong in the domestic circle.
-Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"