How can I sort messages into mailboxes?

Dear list,

this might sound like a trivial question, but I've been reading the
manual for a while and I can't seem to find this piece of information.

Current configuration: mutt gets all my new mail from $spoolfile.
As soon as I read (part of) it, mutt archives it into $mbox.

How can I have it archived into one of several folders instead,
according to the recipient address, or possibly to a pattern?

I'd like to have mutt sort it after I've read it, rather than procmail
do it before (which I believe is the standard approach instead) so that
I can read all my new mail in one place, right when I open mutt.

Toby

--
«A computer is a state machine. Threads are for people
who can't program state machines.»              —Alan Cox