Re: Filtering incoming mail

Hi,

01Apr2005 @ 20:44 Kent R. Frazier thusly spake
> I'm a relatively new mutt user, and I've been slowly building a .muttrc that
> suits my needs. After joining this and other lists, I've encountered an issue
> I haven't been able to find an answer for.
> I receive my mail via fetchmail, and have mutt set to read the messages in my
> mail spool directory. I don't use procmail to filter mail to specific
> mailboxes as I prefer to read my mail from the spool and then save the
> messages I want.
> My problem is that with my current setup, I am unable to identify email sent
> from this and other lists from the index. Is there some way I can do this?
> Does this require procmail or can it be done from within my .muttrc.

I'm the same situation, ain't mutt great!
I do use procmail to filter mail,

this is roughly my '.procmailrc'
 __________________________________
/
# Please check if all paths are reachable
PATH=/foo/bin:/bar:/foo/bar/bin:.
MAILDIR=/someDir/mailDirectory/      # You'd better make sure it exists
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/Inbox
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/logFile
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail

# mail is tagged as spam before it gets here
:0
* ^Subject:.*\[spam\]
spamMail

# all mail from Lula into the lula mailbox
:0
* ^Subject:.*Lula
lula

this sorts mail into mailboxes, which is what I like.
I don't see how you can sort mail other than to place it into mailboxes,

hth,
Luke

--