OT: lbdb ldap issues

Hi,

First, I realize this is off-topic, but I didn't see an appropriate mailing
list on the lbdb page. If there is a better fourm to address this question to,
please let me know. I figured that this was as good a place as any since it
appears lbdb was written for mutt specificly.

I'm trying to configure lbdb to query a local LDAP server, and when I run

So I'm trying to work my up from ldap to mutt.  I've gotten my ldap server
congigured and  can see the entries I'd like to have returned when I look for
an email address. Next I'm trying to get lbdb to work, so I can use it in mutt.
 In running lbdbq from the command line, I get lots of perl errors and then a
"no matches" message:

Global symbol "$ldap_server" requires explicit package name at
/usr/local/libexec/mutt_ldap_query line 107, <DATA> line 225.
Global symbol "$search_base" requires explicit package name at
/usr/local/libexec/mutt_ldap_query line 108, <DATA> line 225.
Global symbol "$ldap_search_fields" requires explicit package name at
/usr/local/libexec/mutt_ldap_query line 109, <DATA> line 225.
Global symbol "$ldap_expected_answers" requires explicit package name at
/usr/local/libexec/mutt_ldap_query line 110, <DATA> line 225.
Global symbol "$ldap_result_email" requires explicit package name at
/usr/local/libexec/mutt_ldap_query line 111, <DATA> line 225.
Global symbol "$ldap_result_realname" requires explicit package name at
/usr/local/libexec/mutt_ldap_query line 112, <DATA> line 225.
<more error messages snipped>
lbdbq: no matches

My perl-fu is very rusty, so I'm not sure if I should making the GetOptions
associatiave array (I think that is what these "global symbols" are in) local
with "my" or "our", but doing that did not work.  Any assistance would be
appreciated!

Best regards,

-c.
--