Re: attachmnents not sent correctly from command line on solaris

Hello Cary,

 On Wednesday, January 5, 2005 at 9:39:39 AM -0800, Cary Mader wrote:

> I've switched from a linux server to a solaris 9 server...and suddenly
> having problems sending attachments using mutt from the command line,
> e.g. (mutt -a fileName -s test cary.mader@xxxxxxx <".").

    Funny: It seems the <"." on Solaris redirected the raw current
directory to Mutt input. A raw directory is binary data interspesrsed
with text, giving the strange attachment, the failed charset detection,
and the unknown charset error.

    The same redirection on Linux fails on a read error, giving an empty
main text part.

> Any suggesions on getting the attachment to be sent correctly would be
> appreciated.

    Replace the dot by /dev/null.

Bye!    Alain.
--
Mutt muttrc tip to send mails in best adapted first necessary and sufficient
charset (version for East Europe Latin-2/CP-852/CP-1250 terminal users):