problems with imap on exchange

Hello,

I use mutt with Microsoft Exchange connecting to it using IMAP.
Everything works fine, except the access to some of the folders
in the public folders tree that are deeper than the second level.

mutt tries to load the list of folders "down there" and fails.
In the status line at the bottom of the window I see:
"Hole Liste der Ordner..." (I use a german locale)
Fetching list of folders?

If I start mutt like LANG=C mutt then I even cannot open
the "public folders" as they are called in german "Oeffentliche
Ordner" written with an umlaut :)

I got this error with version 1.4.x and today I installed the
1.5.7 but no difference. Opening the third level fails.

Someone an idea when this will be fixxed or how to circumvent
it meanwhile?

Marcus