Re: ~O patterns are terribly inaccurate

* Justin Gombos <mindfuq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-12-04 13:29]:
> Ultimately I think this is a defect in mutt, but it's hard to analyze
> without knowing how mutt decides to mark something as old.  It's doing
> something strange, and it's appearantly not using any of the dates in
> the header.  Mutt was properly marking new inbound mail as 'N', then
> switched started marking new inbound mail with the 'O' flag as soon as
> I switched ISPs.

It determines "old" by the difference between access time and write time,
which can be achieved by accessing the file with mutt, and/or
xbiff/kbiff/...  If mbox email is being marked "old" then *something* is
accessing the file and you do not realize it.

IIANM, a varying *system* clock can also cause this condition.
HOG # US1244711           Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/photos