Re: ~O patterns are terribly inaccurate

* Michael Tatge <Michael.Tatge@xxxxxx> [2004-11-12 11:57]:
> * On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 Justin Gombos (mindfuq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> > * Michael Tatge <Michael.Tatge@xxxxxx> [2004-11-12 09:04]:
> > >
> > > Well it matches all messages flagged as "old". What else did you
> > > expect?
> >
> > in my case ~O is matching messages that are brand spanking new,
> > despite having current timestamps (like inbound messages from the
> > mutt-users mailing list, for example).
>
> That is indeed strange. What type of folders are you using? mbox?

Yes, this is the mbox format, so file access times should (hopefully)
be ignored.

Ultimately I think this is a defect in mutt, but it's hard to analyze
without knowing how mutt decides to mark something as old.  It's doing
something strange, and it's appearantly not using any of the dates in
the header.  Mutt was properly marking new inbound mail as 'N', then
switched started marking new inbound mail with the 'O' flag as soon as
I switched ISPs.