Re: Mutt and HTML (again)

* On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 Mun Johl (mun_johl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> I can't seem to find a way to do what I want:
>
> I want to be able to keep my .mailcap text/html entry as is (send the
> html to my browser); but I also want a way for Mutt to auto_view the
> html as text.
>
> Under normal situations, auto_view via lynx is good enough for my
> purposes.  However, there are occassions where I need to see the email
> in a browser.

You can have two (or more) entries.
- one for viewing from the attachment menu.
- and one for autoview with the copiousoutput statement

# used when (v)iewing
text/html; /usr/bin/opera -newpage '%s'; test=test -n "$DISPLAY"

# for autoview
text/html; /usr/bin/links -dump '%s' -assume-codepage ISO-8859-1;
copiousoutput; description=HTML Text; nametemplate=%s.html

also check the wiki
http://wiki.mutt.org/index.cgi?MuttFaq/Attachment

HTH,

Michael
--
Unix is a Registered Bell of AT&T Trademark Laboratories.
                -- Donn Seeley

GPG Key ID: 0xDC1A44DD