Re: a news reader

* On 2004.11.07, in <20041107195750.GE6946@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've successfully converted to using mutt and I'm happy as can be with
> that. Now however (in the never-increasing quest to improve) I am
> looking for a text based newsreader. What do people on this list use?

I've been using the NNTP patch for mutt by Vsevolod Volkov,
Andrej Gritsenko, and Brandon Long. It can be found at
http://mutt.org.ua/download. I've tried slrn, but was not really happy
with it -- it's not really what I want, and it's so close to mutt+nntp
in style that I'd just rather use mutt itself. I haven't really found a
newsreader I like in years, but if I find the time I'll probably try to
obtain an old copy of trn 3 and to see if I can make it work on a modern
OS. Of all the newsreaders I've used (including trn 4) it sucks the
least.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                  NSIT::ENSS