Re: Personalized flags

Hi there,

Arwan wrote on 2004-11-05 at 21:15:00 CET:
> Hi!
> I'm looking for a solution to my problem - but I can get it.
> Currently, I use some kind of flags, that add in my mail the lines:

> but I need more, somehow like:

> This is because I need to copy tree different kinds of mail in tree
> different maildir, and I can't give this work to procmail because I
> must choose personally what and were to put the mails :-(
> So, instead of copying them one by one with C, I prefer to flag them
> and then, at the end of the week, give them to procmail all togheter
> in a single command.
>
> How can I do?

Just a guess since i can't test it here without formail, but that should work:

macro index \ea "<pipe-message>formail -A 'X-Status: A'" "Flag current message
with A"
macro index \eb "<pipe-message>formail -A 'X-Status: B'" "Flag current message
with B"
macro index \ec "<pipe-message>formail -A 'X-Status: C'" "Flag current message
with C"

macro pager \ea "<pipe-message>formail -A 'X-Status: A'" "Flag current message
with A"
macro pager \eb "<pipe-message>formail -A 'X-Status: B'" "Flag current message
with B"
macro pager \ec "<pipe-message>formail -A 'X-Status: C'" "Flag current message
with C"

So pressing ESC-a in the index or pager view would flag the message with
'A' and so on. There's other possible options for you within the formail
manpage instead of using '-A', so check that first if above (e.g.
'-I' for replace instead of '-A' for add) is suitable for you.

Showing the given custom flag back in mutt's index view is AFAIK not
possible, though.

With kind regards,

        Frank Altpeter

--
FA-RIPE *** racoon@ircnet *** 6133423@icq *** altpeter@skype
"Demokratie ist echt klasse. Sollte man in Deutschland mal einfuehren."