Re: howto mark a mbox as read?

* Hendrik Mangels [Fri, 05 Nov 2004 17:56:45 +0100]:
> Rainer Bendig aka Ny (2004-11-05, 15:17):
> > i am seeking for a possibility to mark a whole mbox as read, i
> > know there is STRG+R for a Thread and so on, but i didn't find
> > a keystroke to mark the whole box ... it would be really
> > usefull for bugtracking boxes and so on ...

> macro index y
> <tag-pattern>~N<enter><tag-prefix><clear-flag>N<untag-pattern>~A<enter>

  two small remarks:

    1. s/tag-prefix/tag-prefix-cond/ will make the macro not fail when
       there are no tagged messages. yes, in this case it probably won't
       make much of a difference since you probably won't call the macro
       unless you *see* there are some new messages.

    2. IIRC, I once discussed with Myon on irc that in this case ~T
       makes a better <untag-pattern> that ~A. we were surprised but the
       time needed to perform the untaggin was significantly smaller for ~T.

  just my 2¢.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Create a system that is usable even by idiots, and only idiots will use it.