[no subject]

hi,

some days ago, I went off from pine to mutt, and I'm very satisfied with
it's possibilities...

But one thing is missing (or I'm not able to get it work):
I use a combination with fetchmail->procmail->mutt and exim4. exim
is configured to act like a smarthost and delivers mail to my mailer.

the point is, that I want to deliver my mails with different
sender-addresses, because I don't want to use my main-address on
mailinglists...

with pine I had the possibility to define some 'roles' which resulted in
different from/sender headers in my mails.
Isn't this possible with mutt? If I change the from-field while
composing a message, exim seems to overwrite this with my main
mailaddress, which now appears in my from and return-path headers beside
my chosen sender-address.
The result is, that mailinglists reject my mails to my main address,
which is not subscribed to the list...

After googling around I tried some things, but failed to get it work.

I put all the addresses in my /etc/email-addresses file like
user1: mainmail@address
user1: secondmail@address
user1: thirdmail@address

and I set user1 to trusted_users in exim configuration.

in my .muttrc file I added this addresses:
my_hdr From: My Name <mainmail@address>
alternates secondmail@address|thirdmail@address

macro compose v "<edit-from>^Uf_<tab>" "Select from"
alias f_mail_1   name <secondmail@address>
alias f_mail_2   name <thirdmail@address>

I tried the option set envelope_from but then all messages seem not to
be delivered.

does anyone give me a hint, how I could send messages
correctly with different sender-addresses from one account?

I'm using mutt  1.5.6+20040722i (CVS) and exim 4.34 on debian-system

thanks for your help...
juergen