Re: mail_check

On 2004-10-25, "Luke (Terry) Vanderfluit" <luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me why mutt isn't checking for mail when I have
> 'set mail_check=60'?

Mutt only checks for new mail after it executes a command from the
user.  So, as long as you are actively using mutt, it will check for
new mail every 'mail_check' seconds.  Otherwise, mutt will just sit
there waiting for a command, or until the keyboard timeout occurs.
This timeout occurs after 'timeout' seconds, which defaults to 600
(10 minutes).

To get the behavior you want, just leave mail_check at its default
value (5 seconds) and instead add this line your muttrc:

    set timeout=60

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division